Dear wonderful people,
As you know, I’m a huge fan of The Bloggess, and one of her usual Sunday columns is “Things I did when I wasn’t here.” I have a collection of random thoughts, links, and other nonsense that I can’t mold into a cohesive meaningful anything. I’m putting all that here.
1. http://www.artomat.org – I want to see Chattanooga get one of these machines. Badly. Badly enough that I’m thinking of where we could put one and how we’d raise the money to keep it up at first.
2. The Mobile Hotspot Debacle – I’ve been in a unique position to know people who either are or have been homeless at one point in their lives, and I can tell you one thing about being homeless. It is not cured by one solution. The only real thing that connected those people was that they had all been homeless. Some of them because they had no other choice, but some of them choose to be homeless. Some of them were mentally ill, some of them weren’t. Some of them not only had a spouse and child/children, but living parents, and some of them had no family or none that could help them. There is no way to lump all homeless people and say, “Oh. Poor homeless people! Let us endeavor to get them jobs and homes!” because some of them don’t want it, and some of them can’t handle it without some psychological help. There is no cure-all for this problem, so please stop pretending there is one.
3. I think Jack Black was in town.
4. This was done. https://www.causeway.org/cause/view/rapsodic-community-music I also did a Linkedin group, but I’m unclear how how this is going to be an effective use of the interwebs.
5. Beware the Ides of March. (I just had to throw that in there.)
6. Voting on the $2500 grant for Rapsodic and other music programs starts tomorrow. http://makemusic.maker.good.is/projects/raspsodic That’s the link…make it so!
7. Two items on this list have to do with Rapsodic. I could be slightly obsessed. If you know anybody who does cheaper printing for charities, please let me know. I have to do this out of my own pocket right now, and I’m in desperate need of some stuff.
8. I left music on for my birds overnight and now they can chirp appropriately with the 1812 Overture. I’m very proud.
9. I’ve decided that I’m not doing my roots again until winter. Be warned. If you don’t like light brown roots with blonde hair, don’t look at my head.
10. Be sure to wear green on Saturday!
That’s really all I have right now. Vote. Pass the info around. Vote. You can only vote once, actually…which I sort of like. It encourages you to pass the information around if you really want that many votes, and yes, I want that many votes.
I hope everybody is having a great week and it continues to be great!